Friday, June 21, 2013

And so we meet again.

It's been two and half years since I have blogged. Living the always busy life of a New Yorker, combined with the inside elements of being a girlfriend, daughter, friend, sister and mom (to kitties), as well as the consistent pursuit of my dreams, have kept me from writing on a continual basis. Although, if we're being honest here, when was I ever really consistent in keeping up with my blog? It's funny, I was rereading the posts that I wrote more than four years ago when we first moved to the city, they were full of hope, wonder, excitement, with just a touch of naiveté. I was 24 when we moved here and shortly thereafter I started writing my "Pretend You're a Tree" excerpts about all my new experiences and the growth that was rapidly occurring. I suppose I started growing at rate that even my writing couldn't keep up with. Four years later, I've learned a lot. Not just about myself, but about love and being in a relationship and what it means to be someone's companion and partner. About being an adult and thriving, not just getting by. And I've also learned an enormous deal about the entertainment industry and where I belong. For so long I fought myself. I got in my own way of my dreams. But I did the best I could in my circumstances and I grew at the rate that I could bear. I'm happy with where I am and I am beginning to create my own opportunities. Before I moved to the city, I always did things in a very non-linear way and I extraordinarily succeeded and I suppose I have done just that since moving here. I'm 28 years, I finally understand myself, my body, my relationships and I am ready for what the next chapter holds. And I am excited to (hopefully) document these life moments here.